Sunday 30 April 2017

Be still, my Takechi-Project-Sprint-ing Hart..

"WE LOVE MOTOR SPORTS.
IT'S CHANGING YOUR SCENE NOW.
LET'S FIGHT A BATTLE.
BY HART MOTOR SPORTS."

Makes perfect sense, right? Zero confusion? That battle's on the cards?

No..?

Well you know what? It doesn't bloody matter.

Because it's time for another wheel-in-detail post, very much along the same lines as the wheel posts from last year.. or hell, the ones before that.

Cherry-red and literally-cherry pair of Sprint Harts I picked up ~18months or so ago.
NOS, complete down to the cap and valve packaging, and a bit of colour on the box. How am I supposed to say no to that?! I'm not made of stone!

...so here they are.

Heat-gun in hand, eyes full of tears; carefully peeling away decades of excess tape and stickers..

"SPECIAL EXCITING
RACING WHEEL
HART 
PRODUCED BY
TAKECHI PROJECT"

Grand-tour of the twenty-seven-year-old cardboard box..

...the colourful panel...

...and a niiiice, clear shot of the tremendous tale used on the wheel:
Now I'm not quite fluent in.. uhh.. Spanish? German? Maybe French? Yet have managed to translate:

You and I are fond of automobile racing.
It has had a noticeable effect on the hobby of your choice. 
As a result, we should have a competition using our vehicles.
Regards, Hart Motor Sports. 

Uh? Yeah, we're going with that.

Now for the wheel. The pretty little red thing from not-so-far-away - it's the wheel in detail:
Takechi Project, Sprint Hart.
15x6.5" +35
4H 114.3
October 1990.

Simple two-piece welded cast-alloy wheel by Takechi Project, introduced sometime at the end of the decade. Available in 13-15", 4H100-5H114.3, and in at least the solid red, white, and a black...
...while the 60mm castellated caps are identical to the small-stud-patten SpeedStar mesh part...

...with that snappy little paragraph proudly printed on the decal...

...and yet again on the outer lip...

The rest of the cap's text? That's here - 180degrees around to the other side.


Yep.

When my baby's walking down the street
I see red, I see red, I see red..



How can someone wicked walk 'round free
I see red, I see red, I see red.



I see reeehh-ehhhh-ehhhhhhhh...
I see red!


Flipped over for a look at the back-side of the wheel.


Date-stamp for an October 1990 casting, while on the spoke to the left: "HART".

"6 1/2"

A tiny detail, but I always appreciate when the decal is stuck on squarely. It's paper and peeling, but nope.. that's a nice effort.

The whole fit-and-finish of the wheel is noticeably high, reminding me of those Heroes Racing CXs from a couple years ago..

For a brief cap comparison:
Alongside the 60mm (small PCD) shot SSR mesh cap mentioned above.

..and for the sake of wrapping-up with something from their heyday:
...here they are in a 1993 HyperRev (HyperRev 1 : Eunos Roadster). Fun. Colour-coordinatey.


Aaaand we're done.
That is all.
A useless chunk of faff, dribbled around some so-so images; but we've had fun, right?
It's worth it: giving the predecessor to the all-white Sprint Hart CP-family (CP, CP-F, CP-R..) another shot in the spotlight.



No comments:

Post a Comment